Statement of Faith
GodRevelations.com stands on core Christian beliefs. I believe…
- The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God (John 10:35, 2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:21). The Bible is the final authority on all theological and moral issues.
- There is only one true God (Yahweh/Jehovah) - the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The God of the Bible is the omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent Creator of the universe. The Judeo-Christian God is not the god of other religions (Isaiah 43:10, 1 Timothy 2:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6, James 2:19, Ephesians 4:6).
- God is the supernatural Author of life; while animal kinds do experience biological changes which produce new variations, God originally created the different animal kinds, including humans, all supernaturally. I uphold that the Bible teaches creation, not evolution.
- God is eternally existent in three Persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit/Ghost (Genesis 1:26-27, Isaiah 44:6, Isaiah 48:16, 1 John 5:7, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14). The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not three different manifestations or forms of God but are truly three different Persons, existing as three distinct centers of consciousness, whom share the same singular nature of Deity.
- Jesus Christ is God in flesh (Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1-13, John 20:28, Philippians 2:6, 2 Peter 1:1, Titus 2:13, Romans 9:5). I affirm His virgin birth (Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:34-35; Isaiah 7:14), His sinless life (2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; 7:26-27; 1 John 3:5; 1 Peter 2:22), His working of miracles (Matthew 4:23; Luke 6:17-19; John 3:2), His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (Colossians 1:14, 20; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 1:7), His bodily resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Luke 24:4-7; 36-48; Revelation 1:17-18), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 2:33, Acts 5:30-31, 1 Peter 3:22), and His personal return in power and in glory (Acts 1:11, Philippians 2:9-11, 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, John 14:1-3).
- A repentant genuine faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ and regeneration of the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for salvation (Romans 3:24-25, John 3:3-7, 1 John 5:11-13, Ephesians 2:1-16, Revelation 5:9, Acts 4:12, 1 Corinthians 6:11). Jesus is the only way to Father, i.e., the only way to be saved and go to Heaven - other religions/cults cannot grant salvation.
- Jesus Christ will return literally and physically to Earth in His Second Coming which will incur the judgment of the nations (Joel 3:2, Matthew 25:31-46, 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10, Revelation 1:5-7) resulting in the condemnation of the "goat" nations whilst believers, remaining Jews, and "sheep" nations enter the millennial reign. The Second Coming will include a preceding rapture/resurrection (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, 1 Corinthians 15:50-52). Upon his return, Jesus will begin the literal millennial reign of His Kingdom on Earth (Revelation 20:4-5, Matthew 19:28). At the end of the millennial reign, God will execute the Final Judgment whereby the saved will receive eternal life and the lost will experience eternal damnation (Revelation 20:11-12, John 5:28-29, Daniel 12:2). Afterwards, God will recreate the heavens and the Earth, restoring it to a paradisaical state whereby Heaven and the Kingdom of God are on Earth, and believers will forever dwell with Him in the New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:1-5, 2 Peter 3:12-13, Isaiah 65:17).
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit (continuationism) which includes His indwelling, baptism in the Holy Spirit, His supernatural gifting and empowerment of the Church for its work, life, and worship (Luke 24:49, Acts 1:4-8, Acts 2:1-4, Acts 10:44-46, 1 Corinthians 12, 14).
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (John 17:11, Romans 12:4-5, Ephesians 4:11-16).
- That it is the mandate of the whole Church to share the Gospel with all (Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:19-20). The Church has been entrusted with the ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Matthew 28:19, Acts 2:38, Luke 22:19, 1 Corinthians 10:16).
- I uphold that the Bible's statements regarding moral living are to be taken literally and applied practically; I affirm that biblical marriage is only between a man and a woman, and also oppose abortion and drug use.